Sunday, September 9, 2018

Seasons Changing

A couple that have been very dear friends to me needed to return to the states indefinitely for a family emergency, (prayers for them would be appreciated.)

For a language victory story: There was a German girl volunteering last week and one day this week, we were chatting (in Spanish) and I asked her if she spoke English. She responded that she did. I asked which she preferred. She told me that English was easier, but then proceeded to tell a story about how switching between languages was confusing for her... In Spanish... and we continued speaking in Spanish the entire time. It was a fun sort of accomplishment! 

My dreamy mind is always occupied, but I am continually being reminded that God must be first above all the people and things that I love, and before all of my dreams, He is the One who is and was and will always be, and He gave Himself for me. He has been gracious this week to continue pointing me back to Him and reminding me why I am here, as well as giving me opportunities to serve in different ways than usual. Also, as the weeks feel to be going by faster now, I am reminded to love the children, and being here, as much as I can in every moment that I am given.

Psalm 27:7-9
"Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! You have said, 'Seek my face.' My heart says to you, 'Your face, Lord, do I seek.' Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!"

Thursday night I am leaving Cochabamba on an overnight train with a group from my language school to spend a long weekend in the city of Sucre. I am finally venturing out to get to know a little more of Bolivia!!! 

The weather here is getting warmer which makes me think of being home, skirts, airconditioning, bruschetta freshly made from produce in our garden, volleyball, and bare feet. My rose-colored glasses graciously leave out the gnats, sticky humidity, mosquitoes, snakes, frogs/toads, and weeds. I'm actually enjoying a little bit of heat, seeing as I left Illinois in February and arrived in Bolivia just in time for their winter. 

I added pictures from a photo shoot I did with the kids, I will add the ones where you can actually see faces in the email at the end of the month! It was fun, however, the scarves, that I had taken out to keep the kids entertained while I snapped pictures, got dragged all through the dirt!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment