Sunday, December 23, 2018

Short Post

       I meant to post earlier today, but now it's getting late and I'm ready for bed! So, I'll put these pictures and a brief update of the week. 
       I bought jewelry making supplies for the girls, they have been having fun making earrings, (as have I!) We had a Christmas party with the boys on Friday, and tomorrow we are having a party with the entire foundation. 
       Christmas day, after spending the morning with the boys, I will be going to the girls' house to pick up some of the older ones, we are going to get coffee and then come back to my apartment (more accurately, go upstairs to my friend's apartment because she is out of town and said we could use her TV and couch. ;) ) and we are going to watch the Nutcracker. Then I'll drop the girls off at their house, come back to my place, and buy my tickets to come home at the end of February.
       It is finally sinking in today that I am missing Christmas at home with my family and church family- I'm glad to spend the day with the kids, but I'm missing home today and 9 weeks feel longer than it did yesterday. I had to laugh as I realized that I was sitting mournfully at my table, singing along with Bing Crosby, 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'
      My friend and her husband did, however, take me out for lunch as my Christmas gift, so that was fun! 
      I had all sorts of things to write about during the week, and I kept saying "I should write this down now so that I remember," but I didn't, and now I don't remember, so I'm going to bed and going to hope that I can formulate something better for next week! (Which I should be able to, because of all the activities these next two days!!!)

    Merry Christmas to you all, 
    With love, 
    Susannah
















No comments:

Post a Comment