Sunday, November 4, 2018

Babyhouse Closing

              So, I have some sad, crazy, somewhat unexpected news to share. For financial reasons, the orphanage that I am working in will be closing by the end of November. The children will remain in the foundation but will no longer all be living here. The boys' home will move into this house. I will still be living here, and the boys from the baby house will be able to stay with the older boys who are moving in. How this is going to change my position here, I don't know yet. Prayers for the kids as they all will have major adjustments, (new staff, new homes for some of them, and new kids that they will be living with.) 

            As for me, I don't quite know what to think. I have known for some time that this was a possibility, but it didn't seem like it was actually ever going to happen, or at least not until after Christmas. It won't be the same around here, and I am sad that I won't be able to celebrate Christmas with all the kids. Sure, I can go visit the girls and see the boys (since I'll live here still) but it won't be the cozy, comfortable, fun, familiar, Christmas-with-little-kids-that-I-know-and-love, that I had been looking forward to. Not that it can't still be nice, but with totally new staff and mainly new kids (and those kids being all boys aging from 6-10) it will be very, very different. In addition to being sad about missing Christmas with my family and now the kids, I am also nervous about the changes, I can speak Spanish, but I don't like doing so if it is not with these kids, the tias that I am now friends with, or my teachers. This change will bring a bunch of strangers living/working where I live, and I will probably have to talk to them at some point. ;) Also, despite my frequent dreaming and planning, I am not particularly fond of (particularly un-meditated) change. 

             For this week, that is the biggest thing that I have to report. I would greatly appreciate prayers for all the details and emotions for everyone involved. 

                  God is good and has a good plan, He has known all along that this would happen. While I'd love to know what is going to happen, but He already knows and will be glorified and will reveal His plan in His time.









No comments:

Post a Comment