Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A little more information...

    So I heard more information from T.J. he said to expect another 4-6 weeks before I can leave. I hadn't realized it but once I get my background check authenticated it still has a couple more steps to go through before I can even apply for the visa.
   I finally received the letter that I had been waiting for from the Secretary of State, my hands were shaking as I opened it. I'm pretty sure that I was giggling nervously as Elizabeth asked me if it was the documents I had been waiting for. My heart sank as the check that I had sent in fell out of the folded papers. The notary hadn't been done the way that they wanted and it needed to be redone before the papers could be authenticated.
    I called my bank to find out if they had a notary, they did. I headed over and showed the teller the papers. He was very patient with us. We had no idea what we were doing. All three of us, (my mom, the teller and I,) sat pouring over the letter from the SOS for a few minutes trying to figure out exactly how it had to be done. Then our new friend allowed me to type in more information to my document on my phone, send it to his email, he printed it for us and then directed me to sign my name... "Where do I sign?" Literally, none of us had any idea if it had to be written in a specific place! So I signed my name in the middle of the document, he checked my ID and filled in the necessary information. He told us to have a nice day, but I wonder if he was silently quoting 'The Princess Bride' as he watched us leave.
Miracle Max's Wife- "think it will work?" 
Miracle Max- "It'd take a miracle."

    So after Spanish class tomorrow I'm headed for Springfield to see what adventures await me there. I hadn't realized it the first time, but if I make the drive and hand deliver the documents then I can get my authentication the same day. An hour and twenty-minute drive or another month's wait? I'll opt for the drive. ;)
  I am hopeful that the other steps will move along a little faster than this one has!
 
  Deuteronomy 4:39
            "Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other."



No comments:

Post a Comment